Chiron Investment Management Expands Senior Executive Team
Recently Launched Investment Management Firm Led by Ryan Caldwell and Enrico Gaglioti Will Focuson Multi-asset Class Global Investing. Three Senior Investment Professionals, Chief Compliance and Risk Officer Join Firm
Leawood, KS – September 10, 2015 – Chiron Investment Management LLC (“Chiron”), a boutique, actively-managed investment management firm led by Chief Investment Officer Ryan Caldwell and Chief Executive Officer Enrico Gaglioti, today announced that it has bolstered its executive and investment teams by adding five seasoned professionals to the organization. Kristen A. Richards and Shailendra P. Panchal have joined the firm’s executive team. Ms. Richards will assume the role of Chief Compliance Officer and Managing Director and Mr. Panchal will become the firm’s Chief Risk Officer. Joining Chiron’s investment management team as portfolio managers are Brian Cho, CFA and Grant Sarris, CFA. Mr. Cho will be the Head of Quantitative Research and Mr. Sarris will focus on U.S. equities. Peter Bianco has joined Chiron in New York as the firm’s Head of Trading.
Enrico Gaglioti, Chief Executive Officer of Chiron, said “We are excited to announce these important additions to our team and look forward to leveraging Kristen and Shailendra’s extensive compliance and risk management experience as we further strengthen our institutional operations and investment offerings.”
Ryan Caldwell, Chief Investment Officer of Chiron, said “Brian, Grant, and Peter are seasoned professionals with over 50 years of combined industry experience in global markets and we expect them to be assets to our firm as we execute our investment strategy.”
Chiron recently registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as a Registered Investment Advisor. Chiron will initially pursue a multi-asset investment strategy that will allocate assets among global equity and debt securities in order to provide attractive risk-adjusted total returns for its investors. The strategy will have no geographic limits on where its investments may be located.
Accordingly, Chiron will make investments in global markets that will provide the best relative asset allocation to meet its objective. Under normal market conditions, the strategy will allocate assets within the following ranges: equity will be approximately 25-70% of assets and fixed income will be approximately 20-50% of assets. The strategy intends to use a customized 60% /40% global equity/fixed income benchmark.
Chiron intends to develop various distribution channels. Chiron’s Head of Distribution, Kirsten Pickens said, “Chiron will deploy a channel agnostic, data driven distribution strategy, focusing on advisory platforms at specific firms and integrating financial advisor segmentation into our business process at the field level.”
- Peter Bianco, Chiron’s Head of Trading was formerly Head of Trading in New York for Caxton Associates, a multi-billion dollar Global Macro Hedge Fund. In his roles at Caxton from 2011- 2014 he managed a team of traders in London and New York. Prior to joining Caxton, Peter had roles in trading and as an Analyst at Citigroup and GLS Capital. He graduated from Lehigh University in 2005.
- Brian Cho, CFA, portfolio manager for Chiron and Head of Quantitative Research, spent the previous 12 years at Empirical Research Partners LLC, an independent research boutique he cofounded in 2002 where he served as Partner and Director of Quantitative Research. He managed quantitative research efforts for the firm. During his tenure, the research team achieved the highest two rankings in the Institutional Investor All-American Research Team each year from 2003 through 2014 in both the Portfolio Strategy and Quantitative Research categories. Prior to his role at ERP he worked at SC Bernstein from 1993-2002. Brian graduated from MIT in 1990.
- Shailendra Panchal, Chiron’s Chief Risk Officer, spent the previous 15 years at Goldman, Sachs & Co., including the last 10 years as a senior risk manager in the Global Securities Services business area of the firm. Shailendra brings extensive experience in risk oversight across multi-asset class portfolios encompassing a wide variety of strategies. Shailendra holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) degree from the Gujarat University (Ahmedabad, India), and an MBA from the University of Maryland.
- Kristen Richards is Chiron’s Chief Compliance Officer. She has 20 years of experience in the mutual fund/'40 Act industry, most recently serving as Senior Vice President, Associate General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer for Waddell & Reed Investment Management Company/Ivy Investment Management Company. Ms. Richards began her career, in 1995, at Waddell & Reed/Ivy, on behalf of its registered investment advisers, and was instrumental in building the Investment Management Compliance Department. Ms. Richards earned her law degree from the University of Kansas in 1995 and also earned and maintains her Series 7 and Series 24 FINRA securities licenses.
- Grant Sarris, CFA, portfolio manager for Chiron Investment Management, was previously a PM at Kornitzer Capital Management, Inc. from 2003-2013 where he was a co-manager on a number of equity mutual funds, including the Buffalo Small Cap Fund, Buffalo Mid Cap Fund and Buffalo Emerging Opportunities Fund. Prior to joining Kornitzer Capital Management, Grant was a portfolio manager with Waddell & Reed, where he was a co-manager on the Waddell & Reed Advisors Small Cap Fund and Ivy Small Cap Growth Fund (formerly W&R Small Cap Growth Fund). He was employed there from 1991-2003. From 2013-September 2015, Mr. Sarris managed his personal portfolio. Mr. Sarris is a CFA charter holder. He holds an MBA from the University of Minnesota and a BA from the University of Wisconsin.
About Chiron Investment Management
Chiron Investment Management, LLC is a boutique investment management firm with offices located in Leawood, Kansas and New York, New York. The firm provides investment management services and seeks to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns to clients using a behavioral and empirical approach to security selection and asset allocation across asset classes and geographies. Chiron aims to give its clients a high level of transparency and clarity into our products and services. Chiron was founded in 2015 as a joint venture between Ryan Caldwell and Managing Partners of GPS Investment Partners. For more information, please visit http://www.chironim.com.
The information in this communication is not complete and may be changed. Past experience is not a guarantee of future results. This communication is not an offer to sell securities and is not soliciting an offer to buy securities in any state where the offer or sale is not permitted. Investors should consider the investment objectives of the Chiron Strategy, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing.
Jonathan Gasthalter/Nathaniel Garnick
Sard Verbinnen & Co